September 2018: “Utility Infrastructure Awareness”
This webinar was presented on September 19, 2018.
Watching this webinar qualifies for 1 CPD hour under the Formal Activities category for OLSs.
*CPD hours will need to be manually entered for this course.
“Utility Infrastructure Awareness: The Importance of KNOWing Before Your Dig!”
Damages to buried utility infrastructure continue to grow at an alarming rate. In 2017, there were over 5,100 reported damages, up 37% from 2016. What is most alarming, is that 61% of those 5,100 damages in Ontario had public locates completed. The team at Own Your Safety believe that to reduce this 61%, everyone with interest in an excavation project needs to understand the complex utility locate process. The Importance of KNOWing Before Your Dig includes:
- Owning Your Safety
- Understanding the Data
- Risk factors when excavating around buried utility infrastructure
- How to mitigate the risks to surveyors on excavation projects:
- Qualifying Private Locate Contractors
- Understanding the Private Locate Process and the RISK and Limitations
- How to get ON1Call to locate your jobs
- Managing and educating your clients
The goal of this presentation is for the surveyors to understand the role they play in the locate process while arming them with the knowledge needed to stay safe and be compliant.
Adam Sampson, Vice Presidentof Business Development at Own Your Safety
Grant Piraine, Founder and President of Own Your Safety