This webinar was presented on September 18, 2019.
Watching this webinar qualifies for 1 CPD hour under the Formal Activities category for OLSs.
*CPD hours will need to be manually entered for this course.
In October 2008 Satoshi Nakamoto published a ten-page document entitled \”Bitcoin, a peer-to-peer electronic cash system\”. In it he solved an age-old cryptographic puzzle, and birthed a new, dazzlingly simple way to secure data: Blockchain. To this day nobody knows who Satoshi Nakamoto is, yet Blockchain quickly became the new standard for securing critical, sensitive information in our data-driven world. Stranger than fiction? Absolutely!
In this webinar Chris will explain what blockchain is, how it is being used to protect our data and secure better processes, and what the potential is for the land industry.
In this webinar you will learn:
- What is blockchain, what is it for, and how does it work?
- What is Bitcoin, Etherium and cryptocurrency, and what is their relationship to blockchain?
- How is blockchain relevant to our industry?
- Scams and shams – cutting through the noise to get to what\’s important.
- What $10 of Bitcoin bought in 2010 would be worth today (hint… you wouldn\’t be attending this webinar!)
Chris Kamarianakis is the CEO of Protect Your Boundaries, a Land Survey, Data and Technology firm located in Toronto.
Having spent most of his career as a tech executive, Chris has extensive experience in the technologies that underpin our daily lives.
There are no reviews yet.