Webinar presenter, Gay Douglas, is a Niagara-based coach and consultant with nearly 30 years as a senior manager, adult educator and entrepreneur. She brings her passion and expertise in meeting management, board governance and strategic planning. She is a lively and dynamic presenter with a focus on measurable outcomes, well-defined relationships and practical tools/techniques.
Key portions of the books Call to Order™ and The Art of Chairing™ will be covered, focusing on conducting effective and enjoyable board meetings.
Participants will understand:
• how to design the meeting agenda and venue to align with the desired results of the meeting
• how 80% of any effective meeting takes place before the meeting date
• practical tips for managing meetings online/via conference call
• the importance of meeting rules and how to enforce them
• key duties and multiple roles of the meeting Chairperson
• solutions to common meeting challenges the Chairperson may encounter
• practical tips and techniques to keep meetings on track, enjoyable and productive.