Welcome to GeoEd.ca
GeoEd is a place where surveyors across Canada can connect about CPD opportunities!
Here are the latest CPD Updates:
Presented by: Tania Bigstone & Steve Minnie
This course will review the current implementation state of the Framework Agreement across the country including recent amendments to both the agreement and its ratifying legislation the First Nations Lands Management Act (FNLMA). The presentation will provide updates on efforts to build a better understanding of surveying in communities, to build tools and processes to address boundary conflicts, and to address Indian Act related legacy land survey and boundary issues on First Nation’s lands.
Presented by: Dr. Robert Radovanovic
This course includes an overview of practical issues surrounding the use of GNSS in land surveying.
In addition, topics such as redundancy and reliability in RTK surveys are discussed, as are the concepts of datums and reference systems. Additional discussion around modernized position techniques, such as PPK and discussions of kinematic GPS positioning accuracies will be highlighted as well.
Presented by Greg Kells, President of Sunbelt Business Brokers
• Small and medium size business value drivers
• What are buyers looking for?
• Actions to maximize exit value
• Valuation Guidelines
• When and Why to Evaluate a Business
• Value Drivers: Financial, Organizational, Operational and others
• How to secure premium exit value
Presented by Doug Dodge, CLS, BCLS, Joe Johnson, CLS, BCLS and Jean-Claude Tétreault, CLS, a.-g. (ret.), MBA
This panel of CLSs approaching the end of their careers will share their experiences on the following topics:
- Disability buyout of a partner
- Partnerships that didn’t work
- Partnerships that did work
- Succession planning
- Transitioning of clients
- Reducing your role and staying on as a partner